Mile 0, Jalan Tutong

Most people would know Kuala Belait is 67 miles from Bandar Seri Begawan. Where do they measure it from?

I had a light argument with my editor - I am helping write some television scripts for a historical documentary series - and this topic came up. I said I clearly remembered when I was a little boy there was a mile 0 stone sign outside the Post Office where everything was measured from. Mile 0 supposedly the centre of town is not in Jalan Sultan. It is in between the General Post Office building and the State Secretariat Building. I could not prove it.

Yesterday, I found in my collection of postcards the following postcard. And yes, mile 0 is there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brunei Royal Wedding 2015: Profile of Royal Bride Dayangku Raabi'atul Adawiyyah

Family Titles in Brunei

Pulau Cermin - Brunei's Historic Island